Grilled Rib-Eye Steaks with Roasted-Pepper Salsa
It's made from one of the hottest chilies on earth, so heat seekers can slather the salsa all over their rib eyes with bravado; but those with refined taste buds will appreciate how the peppers' sweet fruitiness cuts through the rich, meaty steaks.
- 6 red bell peppers (2 pounds)
- 1 to 2 habanero or Scotch bonnet chiles, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon sugar (or to taste).
- 4 (1 1/2-inch-thick) bone-in rib-eye steaks (7 pounds)
- 3 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper