Honey-Vinegar Leg of Lamb with Fennel and Carrots.
yield Makes 12 servings
This impressive-looking roast is easy to carve once you know where to start.
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 cup fennel fronds plus more for serving
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 7–9 pound bone-in leg of lamb, tied
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 fennel bulbs, sliced 1/2" thick
- 16 small carrots (about 2 pounds), unpeeled, halved lengthwise if large