Open-Face Lamb Burgers with Mint Yogurt Sauce
yield Makes 4 servings.
Before spooning yogurt out of the carton, pour off any liquid on top. If you use a particularly thick yogurt, you may need to thin the sauce with a little water.
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup loosely packed whole fresh mint leaves plus 2 tablespoons minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, halved lengthwise
- 1 1/2 lb ground lamb (not lean)
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices country-style bread (from a crusty round loaf; preferably 6 inches in diameter)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 oz mesclun (3 cups)