Savory Mint Lamb Chops
Makes 4 servings
In this very simple recipe, the spices, mint, garlic, and oil form a crust that helps seal in the lamb’s juices. Sautéed carrots and roasted potatoes would be nice on the side.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 (1- to 1 1/2-inch-thick) lamb loin chops (about 5 ounces each), trimmed
- Fresh mint sprigs
Place olive oil, chopped fresh mint, minced garlic, salt, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, and black pepper in small bowl; mix well. Spread herb mixture over both sides of lamb chops. Transfer chops to broiler pan. Let stand 10 minutes.
Preheat broiler. Broil chops until brown and crusty, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Arrange chops on platter, garnish with fresh mint sprigs, and serve.