What shipping provider do you use?
– We ship via United Parcel Service (UPS)
How is my order kept cold during the shipping process?
– Each box is lined with an insulated insert and packed with dry ice to keep it cold.
Will my order be shipped frozen?
– Each order is shipped in a reusable polystrene cooler and packed with dry ice and/or gel packs to keep it cold.
How long will my package be in transit?
– We will only allow a package to be in transit for two consecutive business days. Most areas in the South East will receive their package the next day with Ground Delivery. However, other areas will require two days for ground delivery. If your order can not be received within two days using Ground shipping, our website will not allow you to choose Ground. If you are given the option for Ground, it will get there within 2 days. If you are not given the Ground option, you must use 2Day Air service or Overnight Service. If you have any concerns regarding shipping, please contact our office for additional details.
How will I know when my order has shipped?
– We believe that communication is the key to success. With that being said, you will receive a confirmation email when you place your order that it has been submitted. You will then receive notification that you order has been received by our staff and is being processed. We will again notify you when your order has shipped and send you a UPS tracking number to use to track your package. We will also notify you when we receive confirmation that your order has been delivered to the shipping address provided.
Where can you ship?
– We ship to all 48 contiguous states.
What if my order is partially thawed upon receipt?
– It is possible that a portion of your order may not arrive completely frozen, especially when the weather is very warm. We suggest consuming any beef within 7 days and any poultry within 3 days. If any of your order is warm to the touch, we suggest discarding that portion. However, we take food safety and shipping our products very seriously. We take as many measures as possible to ensure your order arrives in a safe condition.
Do I have to sign for my package?
– No, your package will be left at your destination address with no signature necessary.
Can you ship a side or whole lamb?
– At this time we are unable to offer shipping for a side or whole lamb order. All custom side and whole lamb orders must be picked up at Yellowbird Farms.
What are the steps an order goes through, from placement to delivery?
– When your order is received, we will respond to you via the shopping cart portal letting you know your order is now being processed. You will receive the tracking number once the package is placed on the UPS truck.
Your order is printed, put into the UPS system, and a shipping label is created. Once your shipping label completed, your order is packaged! Usually, if we get your order on Monday, the order won’t be shipped until Tuesday. Since we are a small farm, it may not ship until Wednesday, but we try hard to make sure any orders received Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday are shipped the week they are received.
Once the order packaged and ready for UPS pickup, you will be sent a tracking number via e-mail through the shopping cart portal. The day you receive the tracking number is the day your order ship
If there are any other questions or concerns regarding shipping not covered here, please contact our office for assistance, 931-743-0376